Skip to main content

♫ I Saw Her Again ♫ by jilldennison

 


♫ I Saw Her Again ♫

by jilldennison

When I played ♫ Dedicated To The One I Love ♫ a couple of nights ago, I mentioned that in my search for a Mamas & Papas song that I hadn't already played here, I found not one, but two songs that fit that bill.  This one, I Saw Her Again, is the other one!

An interesting, and kind of sad story behind the origins of this song.  Turns out that John Phillips wife and fellow band member, Michelle, had been having an affair with the other 'Papa', Denny Doherty.  This affair, combined with an affair between Michelle Phillips and Gene Clark of The Byrds, resulted in the brief expulsion of Michelle from the group for about two months.  Denny Doherty is given credit for co-writing the song, but some say that the song was John’s retribution against Doherty for the affair.

The group broke up in 1967, and John & Michelle divorced two years later.  Tragically, Mama Cass, who was doing well with her solo singing career, died in her sleep of a heart attack at the age of only 32.

This is one of the most popular of the Mamas & the Papas songs, reaching #1 in Canada, #5 in the U.S., and #11 in the UK.

I Saw Her Again

The Mamas & the Papas

I saw her again last night

And you know that I shouldn't

To string her along's just not right

If I couldn't I wouldn't

But what can I do, I'm lonely too

And it makes me feel so good to know

You'll never leave me

I'm in way over my head

Now she thinks that I love her

Because that's what I said

Though I never think of her

But what can I do, I'm lonely too

And it makes me feel so good to know

You'll never leave me

Every time I see that girl

You know I want to lay down and die

But I really need that girl

Don't know why I'm livin' a lie

It makes me want to cry

I saw her again last night

And you know that I shouldn't

To string her along's just not right

If I couldn't I wouldn't

But what can I do, I'm lonely too

And it makes me feel so good to know

You'll never leave me

But what can I do, I'm lonely too

And it makes me feel so good to know

You'll never leave me

Every time I see that girl

You know I want to lay down and die

But I really need that girl

Don't know why I'm livin' a lie

It makes me want to cry

I saw her again last night

And you know that I shouldn't

To string her along's just not right

If I couldn't I wouldn't

I'm in way over my head

Now she thinks that I love her

Because that's what I said

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: John Edmund Andrew Phillips

I Saw Her Again lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

jilldennison | Cass Elliot death, Denny Doherty, Gene Clark -- The Byrds, John Phillips, Michelle Phillips, The Mamas and The Papas | Categories: music | URL: https://wp.me/p11o1H-jHf

♫ رأيتها مرة أخرى ♫

بواسطة جيلدينيسون

عندما عزفت أغنية Dedicated To The I Love قبل ليلتين ، ذكرت أنه في بحثي عن أغنية Mamas & Papas التي لم أعزفها هنا بالفعل ، لم أجد واحدة ، بل أغنيتان تتناسبان مع هذا القانون . هذا ، رأيتها مرة أخرى ، هو الآخر!

قصة مثيرة وحزينة نوعًا ما وراء أصول هذه الأغنية. اتضح أن زوجة جون فيليبس وعضو الفرقة ، ميشيل ، كانا على علاقة مع "بابا" الآخر ، ديني دوهرتي. أدت هذه القضية ، جنبًا إلى جنب مع علاقة غرامية بين ميشيل فيليبس وجين كلارك من The Byrds ، إلى طرد ميشيل لفترة وجيزة من المجموعة لمدة شهرين تقريبًا. يُنسب إلى ديني دوهرتي الفضل في مشاركته في كتابة الأغنية ، لكن البعض يقول إن الأغنية كانت عقابًا لجون ضد دوهرتي بسبب هذه القضية.

انفصلت المجموعة في عام 1967 ، وتطلق جون وميشيل بعد ذلك بعامين. بشكل مأساوي ، ماتت ماما كاس ، التي كانت تبلي بلاءً حسنًا في مسيرتها الغنائية الفردية ، أثناء نومها بنوبة قلبية عن عمر يناهز 32 عامًا.

هذه واحدة من أشهر أغاني Mamas & the Papas ، حيث وصلت إلى المرتبة الأولى في كندا ، والمرتبة الخامسة في الولايات المتحدة ، والمرتبة رقم 11 في المملكة المتحدة.

رأيتها مرة أخرى

ماماز وباباز

رأيتها مرة أخرى الليلة الماضية

وأنت تعلم أنني لا يجب أن أفعل ذلك

أن توتريها على طول ليس صحيحًا

إذا لم أتمكن من ذلك ، فلن أفعل

لكن ماذا يمكنني أن أفعل ، أنا وحيد أيضًا

ويجعلني أشعر بشعور جيد أن أعرف

لن تتركني ابدا

أنا في الطريق فوق رأسي

الآن هي تعتقد أنني أحبها

لأن هذا ما قلته

على الرغم من أنني لم أفكر بها أبدًا

لكن ماذا يمكنني أن أفعل ، أنا وحيد أيضًا

ويجعلني أشعر بشعور جيد أن أعرف

لن تتركني ابدا

في كل مرة أرى تلك الفتاة

أنت تعلم أنني أريد أن أستلقي وأموت

لكنني حقًا أحتاج تلك الفتاة

لا أعرف لماذا أعيش كذبة

يجعلني أرغب في البكاء

رأيتها مرة أخرى الليلة الماضية

وأنت تعلم أنني لا يجب أن أفعل ذلك

أن توتريها على طول ليس صحيحًا

إذا لم أتمكن من ذلك ، فلن أفعل

لكن ماذا يمكنني أن أفعل ، أنا وحيد أيضًا

ويجعلني أشعر بشعور جيد أن أعرف

لن تتركني ابدا

لكن ماذا يمكنني أن أفعل ، أنا وحيد أيضًا

ويجعلني أشعر بشعور جيد أن أعرف

لن تتركني ابدا

في كل مرة أرى تلك الفتاة

أنت تعلم أنني أريد أن أستلقي وأموت

لكنني حقًا أحتاج تلك الفتاة

لا أعرف لماذا أعيش كذبة

يجعلني أرغب في البكاء

رأيتها مرة أخرى الليلة الماضية

وأنت تعلم أنني لا يجب أن أفعل ذلك

أن توتريها على طول ليس صحيحًا

إذا لم أتمكن من ذلك ، فلن أفعل

أنا في الطريق فوق رأسي

الآن هي تعتقد أنني أحبها

لأن هذا ما قلته

المصدر: LyricFind

مؤلفو الأغاني: جون إدموند أندرو فيليبس

رأيت كلماتها مرة أخرى © مجموعة يونيفرسال ميوزيك للنشر

جيلدينيسون | وفاة كاس إليوت ، ديني دوهرتي ، جين كلارك - ذا بيردس ، جون فيليبس ، ميشيل فيليبس ، ذا ماماز وباباز | الفئات: موسيقى | عنوان 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mona Farouk reveals scenes of "scandalous video"Egyptian actress Mona Farouk appeared on

Mona Farouk reveals scenes of "scandalous video"Egyptian actress Mona Farouk appeared on Monday in a video clip to discuss the details of the case she is currently facing. She recorded the first video and audio statements about the scandalous video that she brings together with Khaled Youssef.Farouk detonated several surprises, on the sidelines of her summons to the Egyptian prosecution, that Khalid Youssef was a friend of her father years ago, when she was a young age, and then collected a love relationship with him when she grew up, and married him in secret with the knowledge of her parents and her father and brother because his social status was not allowed to declare marriage .Muna Farouk revealed that the video was filmed in a drunken state. She and her colleague Shima al-Hajj said that on the same day the video was filmed, she was at odds with Shima, and Khaled Yusuf repaired them and then drank alcohol.She confirmed that Youssef was the one who filmed the clips whil

الحلقة 20 هنادي المطلقة والمحلل (ماذا قال كتاب العرب في هنادي)-----------Khalid Babiker

• الجنس شعور فوضوي يتحكم في الذات والعقل . وله قوة ذاتية لا تتصالح إلا مع نفسها . هكذا قال أنصار المحلل الحلقة 20 هنادي المطلقة والمحلل (ماذا قال كتاب العرب في هنادي) أول طريق عبره الإنسان هو طريق الذكر . بعدها شهق وصرخ . تمرغ في الزيت المقدس . وجرب نشوة الأرغوس . عاجلا أم آجلا سيبحث عن هذا الطريق ( كالأسماك تعود إلى أرض ميلادها لتبيض وتموت ) . وسيعبره . سيعبره بحثا عن الديمومة . وسيشهق وسيضحك . لقد جاء إليه غريبا . سيظل بين جدرانه الدافئة غريبا . وحالما يدفع تلك الكائنات الحية الصغيرة المضطربة في الهاوية الملعونة سيخرج فقيرا مدحورا يشعر بخيانة ما ( ..... ) . لن ينسى الإنسان أبدا طريق الذكر الذي عبره في البدء . سيتذكره ليس بالذاكرة وإنما بالذكر . سيعود إليه بعد البلوغ أكثر شوقا وتولعا . ولن يدخل فيه بجميع بدنه كما فعل في تلك السنوات التي مضت وإنما سيدخل برأسه . بعد ذلك سيندفع غير مبال بالخطر والفضيحة والقانون والدين . الله هناك خلف الأشياء الصغيرة . خلف كل شهقة . كل صرخة مندفعا في الظلام كالثور في قاعة المسلخ . الله لا يوجد في الأشياء الكبيرة . في الشرانق . في المح . ينشق فمه . تن

Trusting Liar (#5) Leave a reply

Trusting Liar (#5) Leave a reply Gertruida is the first to recover.  “Klasie… ?” “Ag drop the pretence, Gertruida. You all call me ‘Liar’ behind my back, so why stop now? Might as well be on the same page, yes?” Liar’s face is flushed with anger; the muscles in his thin neck prominently bulging. “That diamond belongs to me. Hand it over.” “What are you doing? Put away the gun…” “No! This…,” Liar sweeps his one hand towards the horizon, “…is my place.  Mine!   I earned it! And you…you have no right to be here!” “Listen, Liar, we’re not the enemy. Whoever is looking for you with the aeroplane and the chopper….well, it isn’t us. In fact, we were worried about you and that’s why we followed you. We’re here to help, man!” Vetfaan’s voice is pleading as he takes a step closer to the distraught man. “Now, put down the gun and let’s chat about all this.” Liar hesitates, taken aback after clearly being convinced that the group  had hostile intentions. “I…I’m not sure I believe